October 07, 2007

Caught by the Paparazzi

My oldest sister thinks some of the things I do are silly. For example, I sometimes take pictures of people taking a picture, which she thinks is hilarious. She makes fun of me for doing something so dorky, but because she finds it so funny, she also encourages me to take more. I, of course, oblige. It's my way of teasing her for teasing me for taking such pictures in the first place. What goes around, comes around, I guess.

So when she came to visit recently, and saw her husband taking a picture of their daughter, she said, "Hey, Danny, aren't you going to take a picture of Ed taking a picture?"

This weekend, my family went to a community event in nearby Marysville. Yes, I took my camera. No, I didn't take a picture of anyone taking a picture; but someone else took a picture of me holding my camera. And it ended up on the front page of the newspaper. What goes around, comes around, indeed.

Clicking on the image will get you a bigger version.

In case you don't want to squint to read the small print, the event was the lighting of the Ellis Lake Fountain, which hadn't been working for the past 15 years. Ethan was the most excited about going, but at the same time he had fun joking about a crowd of people gathering to watch some light bulbs turn on. "Hey," he said, "If we stay long enough, we can watch The turning-off of the lights! ... And then we can walk back to our car, and watch the turning-on of the ignition!" It's all pretty silly when you think about it. But it was a nice evening to walk around the lake.

No comments: