December 10, 2006

Festival Follow-Up

No, I'm not the kind of person who can leave well enough alone.

For one brief moment, I switched the color of my blog to black, but my sister said it was too dark, and suggested green. So we'll see how it goes. But I'm thinking it will be back to white before too long.

Christmas festival had eighteen people come -- including the photographer from the newspaper. Eighteen is not bad for our small country church, and even though I wish there would have been more children (and especially more children who were new), it was a great time and we had a lot of fun. And the gingerbread cookies we made were awesome! Unfortunately, most were eaten before I could take any pictures!

The Christmas festival took place during our first big rainstorm of the season, which incidentally knocked out the church's phone line. It wasn't the wind, just water seeping into an old line. So if I count the phone repairman, that brings our attendance to 19. The storm also brought water into the garage, which is how I differentiate between a sprinkle (which is all we've had so far this season) and a "significant" storm.

No comments: