March 31, 2006

20 Out of 31

The month of March has 31 days. In 2006, 20 of those 31 have seen rain. That's a record for the Sacramento Valley.

Last night, despite the rain, several hundred community members gathered at Browns School for the Talent Show. The highlight was the little girl in the Winnie-the-Pooh costume who stood frozen stiff as she sang a song from the movie. When she finished, she was so excited to have made it through the song unscathed that she performed an impromptu dance full of exuberance as the curtains closed.

Chris' older sister (and adoptive parent) Brianna was there, along with her new baby, Brook. I need to email Chris and let him know he has a new niece. I doubt Brianna has told him.

I realized yesterday that the amount of time that has elapsed since Chris moved away is now more than the amount of time that he lived with us. That realization, in turn, led me to the realization that I miss him. On certain days before he left, days when he drove me crazy, I didn't think I would. But I do.

No comments: