September 09, 2005

Still Listening....

I promised to write about the Labor Day Parade, but honestly, I'm just not ready. In this shortened, four-day week, I've substitute taught three days, took kids to doctor's appointments that were on two separate days, went to a meeting in Sacramento, attended an organizational meeting for my son's cub scout pack, and went to the high school football game. (Yes, I should have said no to the third day of substitute teaching, but I'm a sucker when the school secretary calls up all panicky because a teacher called in sick and she doesn't have anyone else on her "sub list" who is available.... As if that's MY problem.)

So, I spend these days listening to kids complain about so-and-so who did something so horrible as to give them cooties or perform some other equally heinous crime. I come home (where my office is), and know that I have a sermon to write, but my wife really needs to tell me about how frustrating her day was, so I try to listen, I really do. When she's done, then it's Chris' turn to tell me all that he's upset over.

Well, I'm rambling. I guess I need to do that today. This is not what I started this blog for. But I'll stop now, because my wife is home from the football game (she stayed for the varsity game, I brought the little ones home after the JV game), and she wants to talk. So, goodnight for now....

No comments: