September 27, 2011

Guitars

For the past year, I've been on the planning team for an outdoor music festival held at my church's camp in the San Benardino Mountains.  It was the first time anyone had planned such an event in our church region or at the camp, and I, for, one, really didn't know what we were doing.  Fortunately others on the team did.

The big day was this past Saturday.  The day was beautiful, with somewhere around 300 people enjoying music on the meadow and experiencing or re-experiencing our beautiful camp, a place where young people (and even not-so-young people) experience complete acceptance and the unconditional love of God.  During the planning process, I told myself that this is a one-year commitment from me, that someone else can plan the "2nd annual" event.  Now that it's over, I'm reconsidering.

No comments: