July 05, 2011

Captivated

Ginger and Tristan were at camp last week, and took the camera with them. So today I'm sharing one of Ginger's photos from camp. I know this location well, having been to this camp many times, but I do not know anything about the situation or the kid in the photo, which, in a way, makes it all the more interesting to me. I wonder if this kid gets many opportunities to just sit and observe nature, as he appears to be doing in this photo. I know so often kids will complain if you tell them you are going to make them "experience nature," and that they are to leave all their electronics behind. Yet, once you get them there, and they are immersed in the beauty of creation, a miracle occurs: they're captivated.


On the other hand, he could just be bored, or in a "time out" ... but I like my first explanation better. :-)

No comments: