May 16, 2009

Fixing Dinner

Last night, it was just us boys, as Ginger was out playing bunko; although, half the time, she comes home and reports that after a couple of drinks, her group never actually gets around to playing the game.

Anyway, when she left, I took on the project of painting the bedroom, something that I'd been promising to do for awhile. I even bought the paint two months ago. Now that our Disneyland passes have expired, I actually have time to do some things, and with Ginger gone (not to return until this morning), it seemed like the perfect opportunity.

After a few hours of painting, I heard pots clanging in the kitchen. I kept painting for a while, but eventually, curiosity got the better of me, and I peeked into the kitchen. Ethan (who's 11) had prepared dinner as a surprise, and was in the process of serving it up. The menu: Kraft macaroni and cheese, tortilla chips, and cheez-its.

It was delicious.


Now I need to finish cleaning up before Ginger gets home.

1 comment:

Edgar Tanaka said...

That was a nice surprise!
Yoohoo for the chef!