January 08, 2007

Baptism

In the small country church I pastor, it's not every Sunday that someone joins the church. Yesterday, two children were baptized and became members. Whenever I do a baptism, I find myself spending a lot of time pondering the mystery and the meaning. This was especially true this time, since one of those being baptized was my son.

I think a lot of what I wrote in my previous post was influenced by my thinking on baptism. Baptism is such a mystery to me, and every time I witness one or am a part of one, I find myself on an adventure of discovery. I feel like I'm not even close to understanding all that baptism means, or that I ever will be. However, in my search for answers, I did come up with something, which I shared with the congregation. You can read it here.

No comments: