March 21, 2006

Personal Update

There are a lot of things I'd like to write about, but there just isn't enough time to do it. I mean, I could blab on about various things right now, but I like to think that people read this blog because I have at least a basic competency in writing essays that are put together well. At least, that's what I like to think.

So I'll save the essays for another time, and just let you know that I've substitute taught more this month than I ever have in the three years I've been doing it. It's been wonderful, but has left little time for extras. At church we've got two new Bible studies for adults going, and one children's Sunday school class---a month ago we didn't have any of that. I've been successful at getting others to take leadership, but that in itself takes time.

The church I serve is at an interesting point in its life. In this season of Lent, we seem to be experiencing both death and new life. Financial challenges have forced the church to discontinue the secretary position as of the end of April. A number of people are upset by this, and while I'm not worried about how the church will function without a secretary, I am worried about the perception that this will create.

New classes, new people, staffing changes, an officially designated "Year of Transformation," and my involvement in the Summer Collegium this June; two children, ages 4 & 8, growing in knowledge, wisdom and stature before my very eyes; teenagers, adopted "family," experiencing the highs and lows of romance for the first time....Whooo-eeeee! Life is exciting!

No comments: