November 01, 2005

Early to Rise

This week, the sun rises one hour earlier, due to the end of daylight savings time. Even so, I was up an hour before the sun this morning. I had had a dream about Miracle Day, a one-day church renovation at my congregation that is now only four days away. This coming Saturday, over 100 people will be arriving from all over California to take part in some much needed maintanence on our 122 year-old building....In my dream we had stripped all the drywall off the walls, so that all that was left was just the framework. That's much more than what we're actually planning for Saturday! Nevertheless, a lot will be happening, and it's taken a lot of preparation to get everything ready.

When my son woke up (and woke me up) during the middle of my dream, I couldn't go back to sleep, and lay in bed for a half hour worried about whether I'm ready for this big day. When I finally realized that these thoughts would keep me awake until morning, I gave up and got out of bed.

Being up this early on the first of November has made me realize one thing: I really gotta light the pilot on the furnace today!

No comments: