July 18, 2005

Camp photo

Now that my wife (and our digital camera) is back from camp, I can share a picture. No, I did not ask these kids to turn and face the other way. They were just being typical 14 and 15 year-olds who, when asked to pose for a picture, think it would be funny to look the other way. I, of couse, took the picture anyway.

The camp in question is the Community of the Great Commission, the regional camp of the Christian Church in Northern California-Nevada. My congregation sent eleven kids to camp this summer, even though we usually only have about fifty people total in worship on Sunday mornings. On their end-of-the week evaluations, one kid wrote that "camp is the highlight of my year," and another said that "C.G.C. is my home." If there are kids in your church or community, please do whatever you can to send them to camp. You won't regret it.

No comments: