June 15, 2005

Tag

I don't play "tag" very often, and am probably sometimes viewed as a party pooper. (And, after six months of blogging, I'm still not sure the definition of the word "meme.") But for whatever reason (perhaps a week of running around with 70 children at VBS), I've decided to play today. Here goes...

Total books owned, ever: a lot (that's the closest correct answer I can give)
Last book(s) I bought: "God's Politics" by Jim Wallis


Last book I read: "California Stories Uncovered," a book with short stories and segments from novels by California authors. A really really good book that I've almoost finished, and which was given to me by the librarian at the tiny little local library.


Five books that mean a lot to me: "Dancing with Words" by Ray Buckley; "Traveling Mercies" by Anne Lamott; "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" by James Joyce (all my college classmates thought I was crazy for liking that one); "The Indispensible Guide for Smaller Churches" by David Ray; and the Harry Potter books (for helping to nurture the love of reading in my 7-year-old).

Oh, and by the way, I just remembered that books should be italicized, not in "quotes." Oh, well.

No comments: