March 31, 2005

Gordita

Last night, I had two gorditas at Taco Bell. One baja gordita, and one nacho gordita.

I don't think I've ever thought to write about my fast food experiences before. But last night's gorditas meant a little more than just something to satisfy my hunger after the second night of roller skating in two weeks. You see, I haven't eaten a gordita or anything else at Taco Bell for a long time. There's been a boycott of Taco Bell for the past few years, of which my denomination has been a part. The reason for the boycott, in short, is that Taco Bell has not been nice to the people who pick all those tomatoes that help make the gorditas (and everything else they sell) so good.

But now, because of the boycott, Taco Bell has decided to be nice. I didn't think the boycott would work, but it did. You can read about it here. And then you can go get your own gordita.

1 comment:

reverendmother said...

I was a delegate at the PC(USA) General Assembly in 2002, when we decided to join the boycott as well. I was in my first trimester of pregnancy, and man, every time someone said the words "Taco Bell" or "tomatoes," I had this almost overwhelming craving for a double-decker taco... a bean burrito... seven layer-burrito... really, it didn't matter what. I practically had to do the "la-la-la-can't-hear-you" whenever they would talk about it.

Yo quiero Taco Bell.